Saturday, February 11, 2012

Training progress....

Wow, I've actually had people contact me to ask how my training is going, because it motivates them to keep up their own training! Go figure. Well, for those of you who are actually interested (not many, I'm assuming), it's great! And for those of you aren't,  feel free to skip this post!  As I sit here suffering through the long waits in the kiss and cry in the Four Continents Championships ladies freeskate, I might as well keep myself occupied.  Although, blogger is seriously interfering with the icenetwork feed....

So this skater is now officially a runner.  I've signed up for a 10K road race in mid March, and yes, voluntarily.  I've fun 4 miles three times in the past month without hyperventilating or injuring myself. Today I can proudly say I broke 39 minutes without stopping! Speaking of 'broke', the splint is coming off the hand soon. So for those of you who have always despised running (like me) and suddenly decide to change your mind, there is hope! Just find the right thing/person to motivate you like I did, and get moving! Whatever sport/activity it may be, start something new and challenge yourself!

No comments: